“For King and Kingdom!”
These words sum up the heart of our ministry, as expressed in our vision statement. All that we are and all that we have is dedicated to the service of the Lord Jesus Christ and the establishment of His everlasting kingdom on and over all the earth. Our congregation is modeled after our Lord’s eternal kingdom, which will be composed of people from “every tribe and language and people and nation.” (Revelation 5:9) As such, our congregation consists of a racially and socioeconomically diverse group of people who are united by the Spirit and by our devotion to serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We encourage each other to serve the Lord to the fullest extent of our giftings, which the Spirit gives without regard for gender or age or any other natural means of distinction.
“Preparing a People of Power
To Demonstrate God’s Love & Life
Through Ministry, Miracles & Music”
Christ Chapel will work to fulfill the Great Commission of building God’s Kingdom with the following distinctive:
Love: The atmosphere of Christ Chapel of Essex will be permeated with the warmth of God’s love and acceptance providing the ideal environment for the yeast of God’s Kingdom to grow and spread. (Matthew 13:33, I John 4:7)
Healing: The people of Christ Chapel of Essex will be carriers of God’s Healing Anointing to such an extent that wherever they go there will be opened up a “Pool of Bethesda” with ministering angels attending. (Acts 10:38,John 20:21, John 5:1-4)
Unity: Christ Chapel of Essex will build bridges between churches, fostering unity to advance the Kingdom as the family of God. (John 17:20-21)
Body: Christ Chapel of Essex will be a place where every person knows their place and actively participates in the ministry of the saints to the Lord, each other and the world. (Ephesians 4:11-13, I Peter 2:9)
Biblical: Christ Chapel of Essex will work to model its ministries after the Biblical model revealed in the New Testament.
The church’s mission statement expresses the unique objectives of our ministry.
“In essentials, unity;
in nonessentials, liberty;
and in all things, love.”
Our founding motto is a solidarity statement, expressing our unity with all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. In addition to being committed to fulfilling the goals of our mission statement, we’re also committed to loving, working with, serving and learning from all who are in the service of our Lord and King, without regard for their institutional church affiliation or variant views on nonessentials of the faith. As our Lord said, “…No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.” (Mark 9:39-41)
- To build a Christian Community filled with Love – Love for God and all people
- To be filled with God’s love to overflowing so that His warmth can be felt by all
- To train believers to find and take their place in the Body of Christ and to discover and develop their spiritual gifts
- To instruct people in the knowledge of God, His Son Jesus the Christ, His Holy Spirit, His salvation, and the foundational teachings of the faith (Hebrew 6:1-3)
- To train people to be carriers of God’s presence and healing anointing. To spend time in the presence of God till we are saturated with His love and message
- To train believers in the ministry of Healing.
- To build relationships with other Christian churches, joining with them in advancing the Kingdom of God and ministering to the Body